Bringing the pooch? Please read our dog policy.
- We allow up to four well-behaved dogs in our Larder Café and two in our Greenhouse Café at any one time (unfortunately we cannot reserve places for dogs)
- Dogs are not allowed in our Garden Pods or in our Snug (the area with sofas and armchairs in our Greenhouse Café)
- Owners must keep their dog on a lead and on the floor at all times
- Dogs must not bark, jump or bite and should be as clean as possible
- Dogs are not permitted in our deli as there is uncovered food in this area
- If a dog misbehaves, we will ask their owners to take their dog outside immediately
- Dogs can be fed treats indoors, water and more substantial meals must be served outdoors
If you are uncomfortable with the way a dog is behaving on our premises, please ask to speak to one of managers – we want everyone to enjoy visiting the Larder
- Our outside tables are enjoyed by our canine visitors, providing cover from rain and shade on sunny days
- Please pick up your dog’s poop and dispose of it in one of the bins
- Water bowls can be found on our decking in front of the restaurant
- You are welcome to feed your dog outside using your own dish
Dog walking at Loch Leven’s Larder
We are blessed with many wonderful walks in the area so if you need to work off your lunch or sharpen an appetite, why not try the wonderful Loch Leven Heritage Trail.
Here are a few more suggestions for walks slightly further afield:
We are situated in a sensitive area for ground-nesting birds and Channel Farm is also a working farm so the Scottish Outdoor Access code may be helpful.
If you have any queries or questions relating to our dog policy, please email email@example.com.
“Delicious special scones. Always good coffee. Sale items in the beautiful shop. Purchased a Caspari Cracker for our lovely flatcoat retriever dog Alfie; delighted that he is also welcome in the Cafe.”
“Just a short walk from the path around Loch Leven and our dog loved it. The cafe is dog-friendly and there is inside and outside seating and dog bowls provided.”
“Can’t believe how lucky we were with tea stops during our tour of northern Scotland. We were heading south, came off the A9 to find a tea stop, thought we’d have a look at Loch Leven as we were there, and stumbled across this place. Plenty of parking for our motorhome. Excellent tea and cake in lovely surroundings, with views of the loch. And best of all, dog-friendly, so we could take our pooch in with us.”
Shopping for the discerning dog
In our gift shop, you will find a huge array of pet merchandise:
- Billy & Margot’s Dog Ice-cream
- pet beds
- healthy treats
- designer poo bags
… frankly everything a style-conscious, modern dog needs.