- Ingredients (serves 4-6)
- 700g jar Perello Judicon Gigantes Beans
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 350g spinach, washed
- small handful fresh parsley, chopped
- small handful fresh mint, chopped
1. Gently soften the onion and garlic in 2 tablespoons of the olive oil for 5 minutes.When soft, stir in the paprika, tomato purée, chopped tomatoes, 100ml water, salt and pepper.
2. Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes. Stir in thespinach and take off the heat.
3. Preheat the oven to 160C/140C Fan/Gas 3.
4. Drain the beans and mix with the tomato and spinach sauce, adding a further 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the chopped herbs.
5. Transfer the beans to a casserole pan, drizzle with the remaining olive oil and bake for 20 minutes until the sauce has thickened and bubbling. Serve hot, warm or at room temperature.