Skip to content
- 2 large egg yolks
- Zest and juice of 1 large orange
- 75g caster sugar
- 20g cold butter, cubed
- Add egg yolks and caster sugar to a sauce pan then whisk until smooth.
- Zest and juice the orange, and add it to sauce pan. Whisk until everything is combined.
- Heat at a medium temperature, cooking slowly whilst stirring (a wooden spoon is best). Continue until the curd is thick enough to coat the wooden spoon.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the cold butter, one cube at a time. The curd should be thick and smooth.
- Leave to cool, then store in a sterilised glass jar. Keeps for up to a month.