An easy, comforting soup, perfect for January nights or a Burns Night Starter.
Time: 35 mins Serves: 4
150g Diced onion
250g Diced potato (1cm approx)
250g Smoked haddock
250ml Milk (ideally full-fat)
2 tsp Chopped chives or parsley
● Melt butter in a saucepan over a medium heat, add onion and fry gently until transparent, do not brown.
● Add potatoes and water and boil; simmer for 8-12 mins
● In another pan place haddock and milk and poach gently for 5 minutes on a medium heat.
● Remove fish from the milk and flake into large pieces.
● Add flaked fish and milk into the pan with potatoes and onions, cook a further 5 minutes.
● Season to taste and add chopped herbs.
● Serve with warm crusty bread.