Our location, in the heart of Kinross-shire, has high-rainfall, a south-facing aspect, cool summer temperatures at 400′ above sea-level. In other words, the perfect conditions for vegetable farming. This recipe is perfect for showcasing our delicious kale with just a little bit of seasoning and a hot oven!
Serves: 2 as snack, takes approx 25 minutes to make
● ½ tsp sea salt, finely ground
● ½ tsp sweet smoked paprika
● pinch cayenne pepper
● 175g Channel Farm Kale
● 1½ tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C, gas mark 4.
- Rinse and drain the kale, patting dry with kitchen paper. Remove any tough stalks and tear the leaves into 4-5cm pieces.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl; add oil and seasonings. Mix well, ensuring every leaf is coated.
- Spread the kale out on a large baking trays (if it’s too tightly packed, it won’t go crispy so give it plenty of space).
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the leaves are crispy, turning halfway through. Leave to cool before serving.