A simple, easy, healthy dish inspired by the start of the broccoli harvest at Channel Farm.
● 2 heads broccoli, separated into florets
● 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
● 1 tsp sea salt
● 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
● 1 clove garlic, minced
● 1/2 tsp lemon juice (optional)
● red wine vinegar
● extra virgin olive oil
● a bunch of fresh basil
- Pre-heat the oven to 200º / Gas mark 6.
- Toss broccoli florets with the extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, pepper and garlic. Spread the broccoli in an even layer on a baking tray.
- Roast in the preheated oven until florets are tender enough to pierce the stems with a fork, for approx 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove and transfer to a serving platter. Squeeze lemon juice liberally over the broccoli before serving for a refreshing, tangy finish.