This picture shows the first of our broccoli crop being planted, we’ll look forward to harvesting it in July, just in time for our annual Broccoli Festival.
Earth Day (22nd April) update: We use sustainable farming practices on Channel Farm, encouraging biodiversity through the use of wintering stubble, buffer strips and beetle banks.
We have just been accepted in the Agri-Environmental Climate Scheme (AECS) as part of the Scottish Rural Development Programme (SRDP).
This will incorporate:
- Water Margins in arable fields
- Species Rich Grassland creation
- Wild Bird seed for farmland birds
- Retention of winter stubbles for wildlife and water quality
- Stubbles followed by Green Manure